The decision to collect a deposit for window tinting services varies from company to company. Some businesses prefer to collect a deposit, while others do not. Ultimately, it depends on what works best for your company. Due to the high demand for window tinters and the value of their time, it is becoming increasingly common for both automotive and flat glass businesses to collect deposits.
In this article, we will discuss how to collect deposits using Tint Wiz, a secure and user-friendly solution for managing deposits and payments.
Tint Wiz and Stripe Integration
Tint Wiz enables you to accept payments on your invoices and deposit payments on your proposals using the secure and compliant checkout system powered by Stripe.
To set up your Tint Wiz payments account with Stripe, follow these steps:
- Ensure you are on a computer using the OWNER account.
- If you have multiple locations with Tint Wiz, switch to the business/location you want to integrate with Stripe.
- Click HERE to set up your Tint Wiz payments account with Stripe. You will go through a simple setup and verification process by Stripe.
Once your payments account is set up and verified, your invoices will automatically have a “PAY NOW” button.
To request deposits after proposal approval, follow these steps:
- Go into a proposal’s “settings.”
- Select the deposit amount or percentage.
You can also set the deposit requirement separately for each canned proposal or for all your proposals by default from the settings > configuration section.
When a customer pays the deposit, it will be recorded on the project and will be deducted when you create the invoice for that project.
- If you have an approval message and link setup on your proposals, it will be displayed AFTER the customer pays the deposit.
- You can customize the message displayed above the “Pay Now” button regarding your scheduling process from settings > configuration.
- To receive notifications when customers pay deposits, enable “New Payment” notifications from settings > notifications.
Testing Your Setup
We recommend testing your proposal deposit setup by creating a test project, sending yourself a proposal, and paying the deposit amount.
Collecting A Deposit for Window Tint
Collecting deposits for window tinting services can help secure your business’s revenue and manage your valuable time more effectively. Tint Wiz, in conjunction with Stripe, provides a secure and user-friendly solution for accepting deposits and payments. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily implement a deposit collection system that works best for your company.